View, Inc., directly and through its subsidiaries (collectively “View”), provides advanced technology products and services to transform real estate spaces and create industry-leading interactions and operations with real estate. We deliver our exceptional Products and Services, in part, by gathering information about our customers (“Personal Data”).
When you use our Products and Services and interact with us, you trust us with your Personal Data. We want to keep that trust by being transparent about our privacy practices - including how and why we “process” - collect, use, store, manipulate, disclose, transfer and share - your Personal Data. We also want you to understand the choices you have for your Personal Data under applicable privacy regulations.
The Products and Services that View offers use lots of gathered and integrated data to improve the operations of buildings for building managers and to transform the occupant experience for tenants and guests. We gather data through our devices and systems, and through user inputs, to optimize the experiences in these buildings and their operations. Some of the data may include Personal Data.
View offers an integrated platform for smart buildings using infrastructure security software, machine-learning enabled smart sensors and analytics, and products to enhance user health and experience, energy savings, and operational efficiency in buildings. Through its Worxwell brand, View provides a data analytics platform that aggregates all building data (e.g., occupancy, space usage, digital collaboration and work patterns, access control, air quality, temperature, and environmental factors) into a consolidated dashboard that both building owners and occupiers. View’s Products and Services include mobile apps and other tools that allow building managers and tenants to understand more about compliance and operations (e.g., employee health and safety, security, space utilization, hybrid work analyses, employee experience and engagement, and ESG optimization). Through its ioTium brand, View offers an easy-to-deploy secure, cloud-managed, software-defined IoT network solution which enables building owners to quickly achieve enterprise-grade security, reduce operating costs, and gain real-time visibility into single buildings to entire real estate portfolios.
2. YOUR RIGHTS AND PREFERENCES >
View allows you to exercise your privacy rights and manage how we use your information.
3. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT >
We collect information that relates to you and your interactions with View.
A. Personal Information You Provide.
- When you interact with us or use our Products and Services, we may collect Personal Data, such as but not limited to your name, gender, birthdate, government identification number, mailing address, physical location, email address, phone number, device IDs, username and password.
- Providing us with some Personal Data may be required in order for you to interact with us or to register for and use our Products and Services.
- You may be invited to provide additional Personal Data to personalize your interactions with us and your use of our Products and Services.
- If you work at View or are applying to work with us, Personal Data will be required in order for you to apply for, be considered for, and maintain employment with View. Our Employee Handbook provides additional information regarding our privacy practices for employment matters.
B. Mobile Application Data.
If you download or use our mobile apps, we may collect, either through your mobile device or the application itself, your email address, your username, your mobile device identifier, hardware model, operating system version or mobile network information (as well as any additional registration data you provide to us). View may also collect geolocation information and language or access preferences, which we may use for access to and operation of our Products and Services. We may also collect data related to your interaction with our Products and Services, including operation of our mobile applications, crash data, performance data and other diagnostic data.
C. Personal Data from Third Parties.
- If you interact with View through a third party, we may receive Personal Data from that third party when you have consented for them to share it with us. For instance, when you use our Products and Services which relate to your use and enjoyment of building services and operations, we may receive Personal Data from your employer, your residential systems, your professional building systems or products or services providers operating in your residential or professional building.
- We may use third party services to supplement, validate or increase the accuracy or relevance of Personal Data that you give to View.
- The Personal Data that you share with third parties is not controlled by View or covered by our privacy practices. We encourage you to review third party policies and privacy settings so that you understand how the Personal Data you share with them may be used or shared with others, including View.
D. Automatic Functional Information.
E. Derived Information.
View may use information, including Personal Data, that we have about you to draw inferences and we may then use those inferences to gain a more complete understanding of your preferences. We use preference data in order to offer you potential choices, make recommendations, or to alert you to products or services that may be of interest to you.
F. Children’s Information.
View Products and Services are intended for and directed to adults, not children. If you are under 18, do not supply any Personal Data to View for the purposes of purchasing or using a Product or Service. If you wish to purchase a View Product or use our Services, please ask your parent or guardian to handle these transactions for you. If you are aware that we have unintentionally collected information from someone who is underage, please notify us immediately by sending an email to [email protected].
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION >
We use your Personal Data to develop and provide our Products and Services to you, and to personalize, improve and promote our interactions with you.
We do not sell or share your Personal Data with third parties for their commercial use without your consent.
A. For Account Registration and Servicing.
- We may use your Personal Data to create, maintain, supplement, service, change or delete your account with us.
- If you have an account with us, we may collect certain Personal Data for security purposes in order to verify your authorized access to your account with View.
- We may use your Personal Data to resolve customer service questions you may have about our Products and Services and to follow up with you about your experience.
- If you have an account provided through a third party, we may use your Personal Data for security purposes to verify that you are authorized to use selected Products and Services.
B. To Communicate with You.
- We may use your Personal Data to communicate with you about our company, our Products and Services, and to share offers for third party products and services that we think you may find useful.
- If you have an account provided through a third party, we may communicate with you on behalf of or at the instruction of such authorizing third party.
C. To Improve and Develop New Products and Services.
- We may use your Personal Data to personalize your interactions and experiences with us and our Products and Services which are offered to you directly or through a third party.
- We may use your Personal Data to improve the quality of and to develop new Products and Services.
- We may use any information you give to us in surveys or other forms of feedback.
- We may combine your information with that from other customers in order to better understand our Products and Services and how we may improve them.
D. To Provide Our Products and Services and Operate Our Business.
- We may use your information to operate our business, including fulfilling your requests, providing you with technical or customer support, and to help us protect our Products and Services, including to combat fraud and protect your information and that of our other customers.
- We may conduct research using your information alone or in combination with that of other customers. When we share that research outside of View for research, academic, marketing and/or promotional purposes, we do so in an aggregated or deidentified way such that no Individual is identifiable with Personal Data.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION >
A. Third Party Service Providers.
With your permission or at your direction, we may disclose, share or sell your Personal Data with third party service providers who we contract with to help us provide our Products and Services and operate our business. For example, your Personal Data may be shared when you authorize a third party application to access your account or when you are authorized to interact with View Products and Services through another party, such as an employer, building owner or building management.
B. Information Sharing Between View Entities.
C. Following the Law and Protecting View.
D. Financial Reporting.
We may share information about your account with us with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents, government agencies, and card associations in connection with issues related to fraud, credit, or debt collection.
E. Sale of Our Business.
If we sell, merge, or transfer any part of our business, your Personal Data may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of that transaction. We may also share your Personal Data with current or future corporate parents, subsidiaries or affiliates.
F. De-identified or Aggregated Data.
We may de-identify or aggregate your information, alone or in combination with other individuals’ information, such that it no longer contains Personal Data. We may then share such de-identified or aggregated information freely.
G. With your Consent.
In addition to the above purposes and exceptions, we will only share your Personal Data and your information for other purposes with your consent, at your direction, or as required by law or administrative action.
6. DATA TRANSFERS >
View uses appropriate data transfer mechanisms and protection measures.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may transfer, process or store your Personal Data in any country or region where we have facilities, business operations, or provide our Products and Services. By using our Products and Services, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Data to, and the processing and storage of your Personal Data in and through, countries outside of your country of residence or the point of collection.
Some countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country. However, View has taken appropriate safeguards to require that your Personal Data remains protected when it is being transferred, processed, and stored.
Please contact us to learn more about your rights with respect to data transfers and to request access to, limit the use of, or limit the disclosure of, your Personal Data. If you make a request that involves Personal Data, you will need to provide View with certain authentication and verification information in order for us to respond to your request.
7. CONNECTING WITH THIRD PARTIES >
View may work with third parties to enhance your experience with us.
In your interactions with View, it may be necessary for us to sync, link or connect your information with third parties, including providing Personal Data necessary to identify you or authenticate your requested interactions. Your consent for these interactions will be required by us, by the third party, or by both. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of any third party that you choose to share your Personal Data with, as we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties.
8. MANAGING YOUR DATA AND PRIVACY >
You can review and change your information or deactivate your account in your account settings, but we may retain certain information. While you have the right to select whether you receive promotional messages, you may still receive other non-promotional messages from us.
A. Managing Marketing Communications From Us.
We will honor your choices when it comes to receiving marketing communications from us. If you have received marketing communications from us that you no longer wish to receive, you may:
- Contact Us to manage your information, adjust your preferences regarding your Personal Data, and regulate your interactions with us and our Products and Services.
- Click the "unsubscribe" link in the email or other materials that you received from us. If the email or other materials are from a third party, you will need to contact them to unsubscribe.
- Adjust or update your preferences in your account settings. If you access View Products and Services through a third party, you may need to contact them to adjust or update your preferences.
- For SMS messages from View, reply "STOP" or follow the instructions in the message or settings to discontinue the communications.
- If you are receiving push notifications from us to your mobile device and no longer wish to receive these types of communications from View, you may turn them off at the device level.
- Remember that even if you choose not to receive marketing communications from View, we will continue to send you mandatory service or transactional communications.
- If you do not have an account with View and you wish to adjust your preferences regarding your Personal Data and your interactions with us, please contact us for assistance.
B. Updating Your Personal Data.
You may access, update, change, correct or request deletion of your Personal Data by adjusting your account settings or by contacting View. If you access our Products and Services through a third party, you may also need to contact them to make changes to your Personal Data.
C. Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies.
- Digital Advertising Alliance
- Network Advertising Initiative
- Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Europe
- Google Privacy and Terms
- Adobe Privacy
- Meta Privacy
Please note that even if you elect not to enable Cookies or interest-based advertising, you may still receive advertisements, they just won't be tailored to your interests. Also, if you elect to receive Cookies and then later delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you may need to renew your privacy and security choices.
D. Do Not Track.
Like most other companies, View is not currently configured to respond to browser "Do Not Track" signals because, at this time, no formal "Do Not Track" standard has been adopted.
E. Social Media Features.
View or our authorized third parties may use social media features to gather certain information about you. These features may collect your IP address, log which page you are visiting, and may set a Cookie to enable the feature to function properly. View does not govern your interactions with these social media features. Instead, they are governed by the privacy policies and practices of the providing company.
9. DATA RETENTION AND YOUR ACCESS RIGHTS >
You may have the right to exercise certain data protection rights regarding your information.
Your rights may depend on the country or region in which you are resident.
You may always contact your local data protection authority regarding the use of your information.
View will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
A. Data Retention.
View retains and uses your information, including Personal Data, in accordance with and as permitted by applicable laws and regulations:
- We will retain your information as long as necessary to allow you to use our Products and Services, to maintain your account for as long as your account is authorized, or as otherwise needed to operate our business.
- Even when your account is closed or inactive, unless you have elected to not receive marketing communications from us, we may continue to communicate with you about our Products and Services, give you important business updates that may affect you, and let you know about interesting Products and Services.
- We may also continue to use some of your information, including Personal Data, for our business purposes and to improve our Products and Services offerings or develop new ones.
- We will retain and use your information as required by applicable laws and regulations, in accordance with View's records and information management policies, to comply with our legal and reporting obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to complete any outstanding transactions, and for the detection and prevention of fraud.
B. Responses from View.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, we respond to all requests from Individuals regarding the exercise of their data protection rights. Your data protection rights may vary depending on the country or region in which you are located, but generally include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information;
- Objecting to or asking us to restrict the processing of your information;
- Requesting the portability of your information and providing the same in a timely manner and at no charge;
- Electing whether or not to receive marketing communications from us;
- Withdrawing your consent at any time for us to collect, process, store, or share your information (noting that such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect otherwise lawful processing or storage).
C. Data Controller.
Under most applicable data privacy regulations, View is considered to be a “controller” of your information that it directly collects from you. Other entities may also act as controllers of your information and you should contact them if you have any questions about how they use your information.
10. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION >
We provide reasonable and appropriate security measures in connection with securing Personal Data we collect.
Keeping your Personal Data safe is important to us. At View we:
- Constantly work to update our security practices to implement accepted best methods to protect your Personal Data and review our security procedures carefully.
- Comply with applicable laws and security standards.
- Securely transmit your sensitive Personal Data.
- Train applicable employees and contractors on data privacy and require them to safeguard your Personal Data.
- Transmit, store, protect, and access all financial information that you share with us.
11. ADDITIONAL COUNTRY/REGIONAL CONSIDERATIONS >
13. HOW TO CONTACT US >
A. Via Email: [email protected]
B. Via Telephone: +1-855-478-8468
C. Via Direct Mail:
Attn: Privacy Officer
195 S. Milpitas Blvd,
Milpitas, CA 95035